Sunday 24 August 2014

Fountain and new lens!

Here's a familiar story when it comes to me and this blog: I've been a bit swamped finishing my MSc thesis recently, so updates have been less regular than desired! Never fear though: seeing as I've been doing plenty of Fluid Dynamics this week, here's a watery composition for you:


I wasn't feeling up to a ride on those standy-board things that morning, so I made do with sitting on the shore with my tripod. Upside: I got to experiment with silhouettes!

Downside: I never did get a go on the standy-board thing. It looks fun.

This is at Elveden forest Centre Parcs taken this time last year - I've unearthed it now as I thought it'd go well as a competition entry this week.

---

Exciting camera news though: I've got myself a new lens (Helios 44-2) this week after reading this article on DPS - I took it out this morning and had a great time testing out the "swirly bokeh" effect. The verdict: this could be really, really nice...it cost me a grand total of £24 from Oxfam online, including an adaptor to get it to work with my 600D. Bargain!

Expect photos soon!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment